Experienced Worker

After you start your new job

As an experienced worker in Denmark you should have your immigration and tax registrations in order. If not, you will need to contact them.

If you are moving to a new community (kommune) to start a new job, you need to report it to both the  tax authorities and citizen services (Kommune).

Click on the headlines below for more information.

Change address

You must report your move to the Citizen Services/kommune you are moving to, no later than five days after you have moved. If you do not observe this deadline, you may be fined. This can either be done online with your NEMID at borger.dk or by going to the Citizen Services Office.

Click here to report your move online

On the same page, you will find how to change your address to PostNord (the postal service in Denmark).

If you have questions regarding your change of address and your postal mail you can contact Postnord at +45 70 70 70 30.

Tax registration

Your new contract needs to be registered to Skat/tax office within 5 working days after you have started your new job, or else there can be a risk that you will pay 55% from your salary to Skat.

You have 2 options:

  • You can contact Skat/tax office and register your contract yourself.
  • Agrojob Denmark can register your new contract to Skat/tax office. You need to contact our office for a tax registration agreement.